Tom Vander Luitgaren, Partner
Tom Vander Luitgaren is a Partner at Van Valer Law Firm. His areas of practice include the following:
- Estate Planning (Wills, Trusts, Living Wills, Health Care Representative Appointments, Powers of Attorney, and Funeral Planning Declarations);
- Probate and Trust administration, as well as non-probate estate administration;
- Real Estate (Development, Purchase, Sale, Borrowing, Lending and Construction);
- Zoning (Variances and Special Exceptions);
- Commercial and Residential Leasing for Landlords & Tenants;
- Litigation; and
In addition to the state of Indiana, Tom is licensed to practice law in the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and the US Tax Court. Tom is a member of the American Bar Association, Indiana Bar Association, Indianapolis Bar Association, and Johnson County Bar Association. Tom is also a member of the Rotary Club of Greenwood, Indiana and served as President in 2013-14. He has been active in the Builder’s Association of Greater Indianapolis since 1999 and has served on the Quality Assurance Standards and Membership committees, as well the Remodeler’s Council serving as President in 2012-13. He has also been an active member of the Greater Greenwood Chamber of Commerce since 1999 and serves as Board Treasurer/Secretary in 2014-15.
Tom received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice from Indiana University in 1992. He was a member of the baseball team in 1987-88. Tom received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Indiana University School of Law in 1997. During law school, Tom worked as a law clerk at an Indianapolis firm from 1994-1997 while also working in the human resources department at United Parcel Service from 1994-96.
Tom and his wife Jan are parishioners of Saints Francis and Clare Roman Catholic Church. Tom and Jan are blessed with four children. Tom actively participated in Christ Renews His Parish from 2009 through 2012. Additionally, since 2008, Tom continues to enjoy coaching wrestling and baseball in the Center Grove area.